Family & matrimonial
Family and relationship issues are as diverse and unique as the individuals that form them.
Our team will be there to provide support and advice on the range of practical and legal options available to you when a relationship, marriage or civil partnership comes to an end.
Our family team specialises in providing clear and pragmatic legal advice in a compassionate and sensitive manner. That advice is always tailored to a client’s needs and aimed at providing the support and guidance needed to address the personal and legal implications of any relationship breakdown. Whether the issues are financial, personal, or involve the children of the family, our team excel in avoiding inflaming a situation which may already be difficult, distressing and confusing to those involved.
Our expertise comes from working with our clients to reach agreements and solutions rather than conflict and acrimony. Our aim is to enable our clients to work towards resolving disputes in a constructive manner, working with a range of professionals to achieve the best possible result. We recognise that court proceedings are not always the answer to any dispute, and our success comes from the team’s effective communication and negotiation skills.
If court proceedings are necessary, we specialise providing highly professional and outcome-focussed representation with a view to achieving the right result in a swift and cost-effective manner.
The above has led to our family team’s achievements being recognised in the Legal 500 2018 with the Head of our team, Simon Donald, referred to as ‘knowledgeable’ with a ‘reputation as a fierce litigator’. Our consultant Lesley Pendlebury Cox was also praised for her ‘exceptional attention to detail’.
We can help you on a range of matters including, and not limited to:
- Divorce and financial claims arising from divorce proceedings
- Advice to unmarried and/or cohabiting couples
- Financial disputes between unmarried couples relating to property
- Financial disputes involving complex financial structures, private and family owned companies, assets held in foreign jurisdictions including trusts
- Financial claims brought on behalf of a child, including maintenance payments, provision for housing, school fees and the provision of capital
- The arrangements for children to spend time with their parents after a relationship has come to an end
- Applications for permission to relocate with children abroad or within the UK
- Protection from domestic violence and abuse
- Advising same-sex couples on family law issues involving children, including issues arising from surrogacy arrangements and donor agreements
To find out more about how our family team can help you, please get in touch with our key contacts listed below:
Get in touch with us