We assist businesses, education providers and highly skilled/high net worth private clients (investors and entrepreneurs) regarding their UK immigration needs.
Immigration law is constantly evolving amidst a challenging political landscape.
We have the experience to help your organisation bring the personnel it needs into the UK – whether they are key staff from other offices around the world, new hires or graduate appointments and whether they want to stay for a week, a year or indefinitely.
We advise organisations on the best route into the UK for the immigration applicant (whether this be as a sponsored migrant, visitor or another immigration category). We often advise the individual as well, offering a connected and seamless service. We also have experience assisting high profile educational establishments with their overseas students.
Our team regularly assists organisations in applying for their sponsorship licences, supports visa applications (such as entry clearance, leave to remain and indefinite leave to remain) and manages clients’ SMS immigration systems on a day-to-day basis on their behalf. We also complete audits to test and ensure compliance.
With the UK Government’s crackdown on unlawful immigration, we can help you deal with issues such as the prevention of illegal working, the immigration cap and sponsorship obligations.
As an integral part of Greenwoods GRM Employment Department, we understand the interplay between employment and immigration issues such as avoiding discrimination claims, termination of illegal employment and drafting employment contracts tailored to foreign workers.
We use our expertise to approach complex immigration requirements in a practical and solution focussed manner. Immigration processes can be complex and we will walk you through them, step-by-step, in a clear and logical way.
- Greenwoods GRM Immigration lead Rebecca Bridges is a member of the Immigration Law Practitioners’ Association (ILPA) and is connected to Junior Chamber International (JCI) UK. Clients describe her as “approachable” and able to “make a difficult subject easy to understand.” For advice, call Rebecca Bridges, Solicitor, on 01733 887710 or email email@example.com
- The Brexit vote has added a further dimension to our work. Dedicated to supporting clients during this transition, Greenwoods GRM has set up a Brexit Team – click here for further information.
- We also support high net worth and highly skilled private clients with their visa applications.
The Legal 500 commends us for our Immigration advice:
The team “advises many clients in the commercial and education sectors on a wide range of matters including licence issues, Tier 2 visas, right to work and modern slavery statements. (2017)
Its strong local client base continued to grow, as did its work for clients on a national basis. (2017)
Specialist corporate immigration and employment solicitor Rebecca Bridges is a key part of John Macaulay’s employment and employee benefits team. Bridges is known for her expertise in executive immigration matters and providing support in sponsorship licence applications. (2017).
We have recently supported a number of clients with their varying immigration needs:
Advising a well-known global manufacturer, including:
- avoiding negative publicity and exposure to a civil penalty fine for illegal workers including a review of the use of agencies;
- delivering six bespoke right to work training sessions on-site for approximately 150 senior managers, who are responsible for recruitment checks; and
- advising on general licensed sponsor duties and responsibilities, including suggesting amendments to policies and procedures to ensure compliance.
Advising a sector leading travel agency business regarding:
- international secondments and assignments, including drafting appropriate letters and contracts; and
- Brexit – both EU nationals working in the UK and UK nationals working in the EU and assisting with a mitigation document anticipating a ‘hard’ Brexit.
Advising an up-and-coming technology business, including:
- acting as a level 1 SMS user – requesting allocation of Certificate of Sponsorship(‘s) (‘CoS’) and assigning CoS’s;
- sponsoring a Tier 2 migrant worker under SOC code 2136 – Programmers and software development professional, including support with satisfying the resident labour market test and employment documents (contracts, recoupment terms and job description);
- conducting an immigration audit and developing policies and procedures; and
- advising on various tricky right to work situations.
Advising a leading biopharmaceutical business on:
- making a Tier 2 licensed sponsor application which included delivering training and ensuring robust employment systems were in place;
- acting as a level 1 SMS user and assigning a CoS;
- sponsoring a Tier 2 migrant worker under SOC 2127 – Production and process engineer, including support with employment documents (contracts, recoupment terms and job description); and
- general licensed sponsor duties and responsibilities.
Greenwoods GRM Solicitors support a number of individuals, who value our excellent level of service and support in their private client affairs.
Our Immigration team can provide premier advice on the full range of UK economic immigration visa categories including work-based visas such as:
- Tier 1 (Entrepreneur)
- Tier 1 (Graduate Entrepreneur)
- Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent)
- Tier 1 (Investor)
- Tier 2 (General)
- Tier 2 (Intra-Company Transfer); and
- Tier 5 (Temporary Workers)
We can help with all types of applications including entry clearance (i.e. your first visa), leave to remain (an extension visa), indefinite leave to remain (settlement) and naturalisation (an application for British Citizenship).
Get in touch with us