+44 (0)20 3691 2093
Sara has wide-ranging experience in commercial disputes, acting for a combination of individuals and businesses, and often involving international elements.
Sara qualified as a solicitor in September 2017, following the completion of her training contract at a large West End firm in London. She qualified into the Commercial Dispute Resolution team, advising a mixture of high net worth individuals and businesses. Prior to commencing her training contract, Sara spent time working pro bono in New Orleans, Louisiana, assisting a non-profit organisation with death penalty appeals. She also spent two years working as a paralegal in commercial dispute resolution before starting her formal legal training, which afforded her a breadth of experience, including working with litigation funders, administering multi-claimant group litigation, and assisting other members of the team as required.
Her recent work has included:
- Defending an individual against a fraudulent misrepresentation claim brought against him in connection with a £2.5m property investment.
- Acting for a US property developer in connection with the recovery of circa US$20m that was misappropriated by its previous solicitor from its client account.
- Bringing contempt proceedings against a solicitor for failure to comply with disclosure obligations and undertakings to the court, and securing a 14 month prison sentence.
- Obtaining injunctive relief and Norwich Pharmacal orders in the British Virgin Islands to facilitate the recovery of misappropriated funds.
- A professional negligence claim against a firm of solicitors brought by a UK private bank for failure to advise properly on security documents.
- Acting for a UAE based commodities trader in connection with a dispute arising out of a contract for the lifting of US$500m of crude oil.
- Advising and acting for several creditors in connection with a strongly contested IVA proposal raised shortly after the debtor was made bankrupt.
- A breach of contract claim for circa £13m brought by a fintech start-up against an Icelandic crypto-currency mining company.
Sara studied English Literature at the University of Manchester before completing the GDL and LPC at the University of Law in London.
In her spare time, Sara enjoys working her way through London’s vast array of restaurants and going for long walks with her dog.Back to People →