+44 (0)1733 887695
Sam is a Trainee Solicitor and is currently working with our Employment team.
He joined Greenwoods GRM after studying for a Geography degree, completing the Graduate Diploma in Law and spending a year gaining experience with a national law firm as a paralegal.
Since joining Greenwoods GRM, Sam has completed a successful seat within the Real Estate, Business and Finance, and Disputes team. He is also a member of the Charity Committee.
Sam has already played an integral role in supporting senior fee earners on an impressive list of cases since joining the firm which includes:
- Defending a high profile political party in relation to data privacy claims and a related application for pre-action disclosure and Norwich Pharmacal relief in the High Court and subsequently the Court of Appeal. The case is playing a significant role in a developing area of data privacy law in relation to disclosure obligations.
- Successfully defending a high profile and reported High Court injunction relating to an application for disclosure of sensitive and confidential information.
- A successful (and reported) application to the High Court for a Civil Restraint Order against a litigant conducting continued and vexatious ligation.
- Advising on third-party funding for a fintech start-up to pursue a significant claim against former administrators in relation to their appointment over its UK subsidiary and advising on the validity of the event of default.
- A £100+ million tax dispute against HMRC in relation to unpaid capital allowances by a partnership in the energy sector whereby capital allowance related losses could be set off sideways against the general income of the individual members.
Sam was awarded the Cambridge and District Law Society prize for his performance in the Legal Practice Course in 2019; he finished top of his year.
Sam also has experience in the leisure industry having worked for a national leisure centre company in a variety of roles, most recently in management. This gives him a wealth of experience which helps him to understand clients’ situations and deliver practical advice.
Outside of work, Sam is a lover of all things sport-related and also enjoys travelling.Back to People →