+44 (0)20 3691 2063
Data is a key asset to any organisation and Priya’s focus is on helping clients to manage data strategically – advising on good practice and careful management to achieve compliance.
Priya, who has a strong background in corporate and commercial law, saw the increasing significance of data-related issues for clients and took the decision to specialise in data privacy. Priya is passionate about helping clients with GDPR compliance projects, focusing on BCR applications, conducting DPIAs and LIAs, helping with regulatory enforcement actions and representing clients in data breach incidents.
Here are some examples of Priya’s recent advice to clients:
- Advising an international engineering and design consultancy on its application for Binding Corporate Rules. This is a highly specialised area with only a few lawyers in the world having the expertise to advise. This work involves the development of data protection policies that must be adhered to by companies established in the UK and/or EU for transfers of personal data outside these jurisdictions within a group of undertakings or enterprises.
- Drafting standard contractual clauses and advising an international group specialising in engineering, architecture, planning, environmental consulting, project and construction management and facilities management on the most appropriate technical and organisational safeguards that are suitable for their businesses.
- Advising clients on complicated issues arising out of breach of data protection and reporting requirements under the Data Protection Law.
- Conducting privacy audits for clients, including a number in the charity sector, public listed companies and SMEs, and also drafting policies and procedures. Advice post-audit sees Priya creating organisations’ blueprint frameworks for compliance with Data Privacy Law.
- Advised one of the largest family-owned construction, property services and development companies in the UK on their Data Protection Impact Assessments for use of technology using biometric data.
- Advising a diplomatic mission on Data Privacy Compliance and advising on provisions within commercial contracts.
- Advising business clients, including a number in the education sector, on dealing with difficult Subject Access Requests and reporting breaches to ICO.
- Assisting international clients on complex Data Mapping Exercises for international data transfers.
- Advising clients on compliance with PECR.
Priya also provides training to clients on data privacy compliance for their operations.
Whether you want to monetise personal data for commercial objectives or adhere to the highest standards of compliance for the people you interact with Priya can help.
In addition to being a Solicitor, Priya is also a qualified Indian Advocate and has a Master of Laws focused on international, commercial and business law from the University of Manchester.
When not at her desk, Priya enjoys reading, travelling, and learning about different cultures.Back to People →