+44 (0)1733 887734
Having joined in November 2018, Lauren’s arrival complements Greenwoods GRM’s dynamic and growing Disputes team.
Lauren regularly works alongside senior team members on high-profile and high-value commercial disputes, alongside running her own portfolio of cases.
Key work highlights since joining Greenwoods GRM include:
- advising on an ongoing dispute arising out of the sale of a construction business for circa £100m;
- defending a Pakistan-based fertiliser manufacturer in a multi-million-dollar LCIA arbitration concerning FOB incoterms and latent defects;
- acting on a reported unfair prejudice claim arising from a former motor racing/property investment business for circa £2.5m;
- successfully defending a high-net worth Bahamian/UK national in a London Circuit Commercial Court trial of a fraudulent misrepresentation/deceit claim arising out of a US$3m investment in the US; and
- acting for one of the world’s largest data analysis companies in defending a complex claim brought by an Insolvency Administrator, involving issues of set-off and quantum meruit.
- Advising on a shareholder/boardroom dispute concerning an emerging biotechnology company, specialising in the testing of viruses. This included securing an injunction to freeze the company’s bank account, as well as advising on the subsequent proceedings.
Lauren qualified as a solicitor in March 2018, following the completion of her training contract at a large Cambridge-based regional law firm. On qualification, Lauren joined the Dispute Resolution team, advising on a mixture of commercial and property disputes.
Prior to commencing her legal training, Lauren previously worked as a Risk & Compliance Analyst at two international law firms, based in London. During this period, she gained experience across the conflict analysis, professional regulation, professional indemnity and anti-money laundering sub-teams.
Lauren studied Law at the University of Southampton, before completing the Legal Practice Course at the University of Law in London.
In recognition of her skills and expertise, Lauren has been previously named as Cambridgeshire & District Law Society’s ‘Trainee Solicitor of the Year’.
Outside of work, Lauren is a qualified scuba diver. She can usually be found planning her next far-flung global adventure and in recent years, she has travelled to the East Coast of Australia, Bali and Mauritius.Back to People →