+44 (0)20 3691 2088
Huw prides himself on a straight-talking, honest and realistic approach to costs and the prospects of success.
Educated at St John’s College Cambridge University, Huw worked for ten years as a litigator at Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer and White & Case before moving from London, working first as a partner in a regional firm, then forming his own boutique firm, Walker Wallis, which merged with Greenwoods GRM in February 2012.
Huw heads the Greenwoods GRM Disputes team, which includes specialist sub-teams in Construction and Property Disputes
Huw has a wealth of experience in commercial disputes of all kinds, many featuring complex or international elements. His clients include major companies, as well as smaller owner-managed businesses and individuals in the region, nationally and internationally. Recent work has included:
- defending a US$14m LCIA arbitration for one of the “Big Four” accountancy firms in Africa
- financial services/FOS proceedings against a major bank arising out of fallout from the Swiss Franc/Euro currency peg
- an £8m claim arising from alleged MTIC fraud
- defending a multi-million pound Commercial Court shareholder/breach of fiduciary claim for an international construction/aviation group
- a £1.2m breach of warranty claim arising from sale of international data cable company
- injunctive relief over the recovery of a classic Ferrari
- validation order application for rescue of major UK construction industry firm
Huw is consistently rated by Legal 500 and Chambers: “Superb, friendly and professional…a City-style service at Cambridge rates…Huw Wallis [is] sensible, helpful and to the point” and “straight-talking, realistic, with an impressive list of national and international clients”, “strong tactically, with an acute commercial nose”
Huw has also hosted a webinar on the implementation of Damages Based Agreements (DBAs) for LexisNexis and has written extensively on the topic.
Huw is ranked in the 2015 edition of Legal 500 in the elite group of “leading lawyers” in his field. He maintains strong “best friend” referral relationships with a number of City firms.
In his spare time Huw still has time to captain a social cricket team, run a classic MGA and loudly support the Welsh rugby team.
Connect with Huw on LinkedIn