+44 (0)20 7504 1153
Dov is praised by clients for his “calm, measured approach and clear advice” and for being “knowledgeable, attentive, proactive and professional” (Chambers and Partners 2019).
Partner Dov Katz joined the Greenwoods GRM Corporate & Commercial team in November 2018. He specialises in corporate finance with particular expertise in AIM flotations and leads the team that provides those specialist services (advising nominated advisers and issuers on all aspects of a company’s life cycle on AIM), fundraisings and private M&A. He also has broad transactional experience acting on MBOs, MBIs and general corporate transactions for investors and corporates. He provides expert company law advice.
Recent experience includes advising:
- a number of nominated advisers and issuers on admissions to AIM (and associated acquisitions), reverse takeovers, introductions and secondary placings
- various brokers and investors on fundraisings and other forms of investment for public and private companies
- Nash & Co Capital and the directors of Nucleus IFA Company Limited on the AIM IPO of Nucleus Financial Group with a market capitalisation in excess of £140m and associated matters
- the principal sellers on the sale of shares in a digital agency business in consideration for shares in the parent company of a digitally native technology services group admitted to AIM in December 2018
- a Tel-Aviv stock exchange listed company on its first UK acquisition
- the founders of a baby product distribution business on an investment into it by two VCTs
- the founder shareholders on the investment by members of the Qatari royal family in a well-known restaurant chain
- a number of recruitment companies on third party investment
- the MBO team on the MBO of a recruitment business specialising in consulting engineers and contractors
- the founder of an agency specialising in the pharmaceutical and healthcare media sector on the sale of her shares
Dov is fluent in French and conversant in Spanish. He has also been a member of the Quoted Companies Alliance legal committee.
A Legal 500 ‘Leading Individual’ and ‘Ranked Lawyer’ in Chambers and Partners
Dov has received great reviews in the independently researched and highly regarded annual ‘Legal 500’ and ‘Chambers and Partners’. Here are some extracts from reviews across the years:
“Ensures that the interests of the clients are always looked after whilst not losing sight of the commercial rationale behind each transaction”.
“Praised for his ‘wealth of experience’ and ‘exceptional strategic vision’.”
“A true professional with an eye for detail.”
“His strengths are in his client relationships, which are driven by his outstanding interpersonal skills, while he is clearly technically brilliant.”
Dov is an avid sports fan and is the founder and chairman of an FA amateur affiliated football club. He also has a particular passion for table tennis, having been a top ten England junior and a highly ranked England men’s player and was the England men’s national team champion in 2006. He is the Honorary Secretary of the John Carpenter Club, the founder of the City of London School for Boys.View whole team →