Health and safety
Our team is recognised as a “leader in the field” of Health and Safety.
Our renowned lawyers will give you commercial advice aimed at minimising risks and preserving your business continuity.
We have successfully advised and defended companies and their directors in Health and Safety matters. Our team provides a series of options and recommends effective strategies – not just ‘standard’ legal solutions.
We regularly advice on issues relating to:
|Appeals against enforcement notices||Asbestos|
|Corporate Manslaughter||Construction Safety including CDM|
|Directors and Officers advice and training||DSEAR|
|Defending criminal proceedings – both companies and individuals||Electrical Safety|
|Fire Safety||Fees For Intervention appeals|
|Global Safety Recall||Gas Safety|
|Interviews – voluntary, compulsory (section 20) and under caution||Lift and lifting equipment|
|Legionnaires Disease||Major and fatal incidents|
|Workplace Incidents||Window Safety|
What makes us different?
- We give time critical advice and practical solutions to enable the business to continue to operate while an incident is being investigated both internally and by the regulator.
- We adopt the “hands on” approach supporting employees and senior management during the voluntary and section 20 interviews or interview under cautions.
- Our crisis management plan is an essential tool that gives directors what they need most at such times – peace of mind.
- We have successfully defended not only a number of companies and their directors but also professionals who were charged due to their professional guidance being suspected of causing or contributing to the incident.
How we add value
- It’s not all about being reactive to health and safety issues – our specialist team offers bespoke health and safety training sessions from “Inspector Calls” to Directors Duties. This essential training offers practical advice on every stage of the process.
- We host quarterly safety briefings and send email alerts to clients. If you would like to receive information to help keep up to date, register here.
For assistance, contact Kathryn Gilbertson, who heads our regulatory team.
The Legal 500 rates us as a first tier firm for our Health and Safety team:
“The firm provides creative solutions in new areas of health and safety law, including niche areas such as property guardianship regulation.” (2019)
“Kathryn Gilbertson has a well-established reputation as a leading light in the field and clients praise her ‘in-depth knowledge and ability to find solutions that are both practical and creative’.” (2017)
Get in touch with us